Indiana University Bloomington and Ivy Tech Community College have collaborated to establish Guaranteed Admission Agreements in each of the following areas: Biology, Criminal Justice, Elementary Education, Informatics, and Psychology.
Students who enrolled as degree-seeking students at Ivy Tech Community College on or after June 1, 2021, may qualify for guaranteed admission to Indiana University Bloomington. In order to be eligible, a student must:
- successfully complete one of the following Ivy Tech Associate of Science degrees with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher, including completion of the Indiana College Core (formerly designated STGEC):
- Biology – Transfer as a Junior (TSAP)
- Criminal Justice – Transfer as a Junior (TSAP)
- Elementary Education – Transfer as a Junior (TSAP)
- Informatics – Transfer as a Junior (TSAP)
- Psychology – Transfer as a Junior (TSAP)
- earn no grade lower than a C in the final semester before graduating from Ivy Tech
- meet the standard Indiana University eligibility requirements detailed below
- meet the program-specific eligibility requirements linked below
- apply for admission as a transfer student to Indiana University Bloomington and meet all IU Bloomington deadlines and admission requirements.
Once enrolled at Indiana University Bloomington, students will be subject to all IU Bloomington academic policies.
Students who are admitted under this guaranteed admission agreement will be awarded no fewer than 60 semester hours of transfer credit toward their bachelor’s degree. This provision may not apply if students change their major at the bachelor’s level to a program other than the one to which the student was initially admitted.
Students who are not eligible for guaranteed admission may still qualify to admission to IU Bloomington.